Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 05:22:31 -0400
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Val wrote:

>Not sure who to approach with this question; please respond as soon as
>possible.
>
>I am having trouble with many, many emails (almost 200 today already) being
>sent to me from unknown sources all including .pif attachments with
>subjects such as "Wicked Screensaver", "Your Details" and "Thank you!"and
>so are at least two other members of the [log in to unmask]
>List for People with Breast Cancer.
>
>Someone has suggested that the Swallows list may be unknowingly
>perpetrating this misdemeanour.

Unlikely. You're receiving the SoBig.F worm. You should go through your
addressbook and notify everyone on it that they MAY BE sending you this
worm inadvertanly. All the major anti-virus software packages have DAT
files that recognize this worm. You should also disinfect your PC with the
latest DAT files for your anti-virus software if you're using MS Windows.
Your ISP can give you more details.