Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:20:36 -0800
text/plain (15 lines)
Glenn,

I believe the coded subscription parameters are the result of hardwired software code.  I recall Eric or someone mentioning a manner of decoding it, but I don't think the routine for doing so is readily available.

I had a similar situation where it was important that a number of subscribers regained their original subscription date after being terminated by the server due to bounces.  I had on disk a copy of the list configuration with a list of  subscribers from a GET command.  I simply issued another GET command to download the current list of subscribers, and copied and pasted the lines from the old list containing name, address, and the coded information to the recent list and uploaded it with a PUT command.  In doing so, you must take care not to edit in any way any of the coded information nor the character spaces between the end of the name/address and the beginning of the coded information.  (I think there is a requisite number of spaces between them.)

Of course, doing this periodically as required means GETting the list with every new subscriber added, so as to have the coded information for every subscription setup.

Michael

At 07:20 PM 3/21/02 -0500, Glenn Darwin wrote:
>Is there a way to code the subscribe date in the notice list owners get when
>someone unsubs themselves from a list?

ATOM RSS1 RSS2