Jo Hermans <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:17:42 +0100
I found this in the online manual about the renewal message.

>Note that "active" users of the list (that is, people who post regularly to
>the list) will never be required to renew their subscriptions, nor (if
>subscription "probing" is enabled) will they ever be sent the passive
>subscription probe. LISTSERV presumes that such users have valid addresses
>and does not require a renewal confirmation from them.

What is the definition of an active user ? Does he/she needs to mail at
least once in the renewal-interval ? We have a renewal interval of 3
months, but I see that a number of users are asked for renewal although
they have posted a few times during those months.

I'm using listserv 1.8b (yes, brown.edu still hasn't upgraded ... I'm still
waiting for the probing-feature ....)

---
Jo Hermans, System Administrator DINF, VUB University, Brussels
[log in to unmask]                http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo/
Tel : +32-2-629.38.19               Fax : +32-2-629.35.25

Listmom (sic) of Blues-L  [log in to unmask] or bit.listserv.blues-l
Maintains the Benelux Blues Scene   http://blues.vub.ac.be/