Fri, 12 May 2000 18:41:57 -0500
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Peter C.S. Adams wrote:

> I can't argue with most of what you said, but what about digests that do
> *not* come out daily? What about DIGEST-H? Why have that *and* a top/bottom
> banner? Why keep bottom banner and dump top banner?

I don't think the top_banner is dumped, rather, it appears in each item
within the digest, just as in the individually distributed items.  That,
at least, has been my experience and is why I don't use it.  The different
treatment of top and bottom does not make sense to me either.

As to non-daily digests, I don't know as mine are daily.  If you are
constantly changing your b_b. I can see where that might be a problem.

Douglas