Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:40:09 -0500
ORBS have placed us on their blacklist database.

Anyone have a similar problem?

The reason they gave was that we have "incorrect sign-up procedures", and
that we were sending mail to "domains which have been deactivated".

We only have Subscription by owner and Subscription=open,confirm lists.

Apparently, they seem to feel that until we vet every single one of our
subscribers email addresses and put measures in place to stop "hit and
run" spamming, we shall remain on their blacklist.

Ensuring mail does not gets delivered to non-existant accounts/domains is
a noble goal, but even if it were possible to keep up 100%, all it takes
is one failing address in their eyes.

So ... what to do? This is nigh-on impossible to comply with if you ask
me.

Scotty
--
Steve Howie                                     [log in to unmask]
Netnews and Listserv Admin                      519 824-4120 x2556