"J. Philip Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Mar 1992 05:23:49 CST
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am having a bit of a problem with a person having sent a request for
> campaign funding to my list HISTORY. A number of subscribers told the
> person in question to stop doing so, and so I asked to to refrain from
> further messages of that kind. However, the reaction to this was very
> strong, (words like "censoring", "double standards" and "rascist" were
> used), and the person told me that s/he would send such a request again.
>
> Now my question is: Do BITNET policies and rules allow this kind of
> posting, and how do/would you react in such a case?

Since this behavior is disruptive of appropriate use of the network there is
no question about it being against all networks' rules about acceptible use.

Send the notes in question to the postmaster at the site of the poster.

-phil

--
     J. Philip Miller, Professor, Division of Biostatistics, Box 8067
	 Washington University Medical School, St. Louis MO 63110