"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Apr 1993 00:05:22 EST
On Thu, 1 Apr 1993 21:41:19 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>No. Look, I  have already spent a  LOT of time providing  a mechanism for
>people who  leave the  network to  have the  addresses changed.  Now what
>you're asking  for is a mechanism  to allow people who  leave the network
>and haven't got an ounce of  organization to cover up their mistake after
>the  fact. Why  should I  spend my  time in  that fashion?  If you're  so
>disorganized  that you  can't  even announce  your new  node  2 weeks  in
>advance, you deserve the troubles you get.  And, by the way, what NAD? If
>the node is gone, it hasn't got a NAD any longer.

   Yeah, you're right about most of that.   I suppose the idea is to get
people to "do the right thing".

>What's wrong with doing ADD after you  find out the DEL removed the wrong
>address?

   I don't  really worry about it  because I am  not a NAD, but  I would
hate to have  to fix a couple of hundred  subscriptions that aren't even
mine, but then  again, I would probably deserve it  for not doing things
"right" in the first place :-).

**  Geert K. Marien  :  [log in to unmask] (Bitnet: GKMQC@CUNYVM)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **