"James A. Schaefer" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:42:36 -0400
I have the opposite view of "can we let [log in to unmask] posts through"

Almost all the commercials that appear on my list, Travel-L, come from
[log in to unmask]   I don't have time to make my list into a completely
moderated list, but it would be helpful to pipe all netnews messages to
an editor -- somewhat like a filter with an editor taking a second look.
The volume of advertisements has increased significantly in the past 6 months
and I'm always worried that Ege University in Izmir, Turkey will pull
support for the list if I let Travel-L become a tool for travel agents,
hotel owners, ...  I have about 850 subscribers and have gotten one
volunteer to act as an editor,  I just haven't put the pieces together
from the new and welcomed 1.8b listserv documentation to filter/edit.

Thanks for any advice.