Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:14:14 PST
Pat Letendre <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Can anyone tell me why several of the Canadian subscribers to my list show
> up as USA members when a review by country is done? One subscriber uses
> infomatch.com in Burnaby, BC as a provider and two others use compuserve (one
> in Edmonton,Alberta and the other in Vancouver, BC). Is there any way that I
> can correct this anomaly?

Unfortunately, the answer is "no", since the 'COM' domain is not
geographically-limited to the United States of America.

Recently, I've noted the CompuServe has subscribers in the U.K., and I've seen
an announcement that "America Online" is offering their services in Europe,
so the "net" is really being international.

Tell the  subscriber to switch  to MINDLINK! (with domain  MindLink.BC.CA),
if it's important that he/she be identified as Canadian.  Given the current
disfavour being heaped upon Canada by members of the European Union regarding
Icelandic halibut (turbot), perhaps your subscriber wishes to conceal his/her
nationality.