Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:32:13 -0400
At 00:27 6/23/2007 Saturday, Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc. wrote:
>>used to not auto-download mail greater than 21 kB until problems sometimes
>>occurred with Eudora.
>
>Possibly because I intercept messages more rarely by using a higher threshold
>(80 kB), I don't recall Eudora's having posed related problems for me yet;
>what such problems occur?

On *rare* occasion, when a daily list *MIME* digest (cut around midnite) was DLed along [?} with alot of other spammage and email the next morning, *sometimes* it would scramble my in-box and other filtered boxes (this is when mail (including the *MIME digest) would be left on server when it exceeded my 20 KB size option).  Email in those boxes would not be appropriately delimited so that one message would contain parts of the next.

Rebuilding (by DEL various) .TOCs did no good.

I reported the problem to a number of folks (more experienced than me) who never saw it because it was not predicatably repeatable.  I finally saw the common thread (after a year).

/P