Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:21:57 -0500
> I have a list of subscribers and passwords from my current forum.  I'm
> creating a script that loops over this list, and I want to send an email
> command to subscribe each of the users during each iteration of the loop.  I
> can find ways to subscribe people, but only sans password.  Is there not a
> way to do this all at once?  Seems like a pretty normal procedure to me.

Adding the subscribers and registering the passwords are independent
operations, because the password for each e-mail address is site-wide, not
per-list.  So even before adding the subscribers, you can register
passwords for them with a PWC ADD command.  For instance:

QUIET PWC ADD [log in to unmask] password

You can have as many of those commands in one e-mail message as you like,
and can do that step either before or after subscribing those users to any
lists.

Hope this helps.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Look at our special white papers for LISTSERV, LSMTP, and Maestro at
      <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/whitepaper.asp>