Thu, 26 May 1994 19:59:21 -0500
> On my list I got a subscriber yesterday whose address is:
> and whose name is
> Now "russell-l" happens :-) to be the name of my list, and "carleton" the
> name of an Ottawa university. Can anyone tell me what kind of fish I've
> caught, and more important how it's likely to behave in terms of posting
> to the list?

This looks like a local news service.  We have quite a few autocat and
autocat-l, autocatl subscriptions on AUTOCAT.  So far they have caused
no particular problem.  Most of the people who read the redistributed
list this way are probably students who have been told in their cataloging
classes they are to monitor the list.

By the way,  just changed AUTOCAT to Send=Editor, Editor=me@mynode,(AUTOCAT)
and it seems to be working pretty well.  Thanks to everyone who advised
me on the proper way of doing this.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner