Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:21:50 -0700
On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:10:54 -0500, "Erich L. Markert" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm running LISTSERV 1.8d with LSMTP 1.1a on NT 4.0 SP3.
>
>I'm receiving mail delivery errors that are complaining about delivery errors to listname
>because an error message is trying to be delivered to owner-listname.

As always, a real example error message would be most helpful in determining
your concern.

>The original error occurs for any number of reasons, i.e. unknown users, etc.  This error
>message is then being delivered back to my LSMTP host but is being addressed to
>owner-listname which according to LSMTP doesn't exist.  I checked through my configuration
>of LSMTP and didn't not find an owner-listname alias anywhere.

All list mail goes out with an RFC821 "Envelope" address of

  OWNER-listname@host

Real example:  Return-Path: <[log in to unmask]>

Under NT and with LSMTP, you do not have to define any aliases.  This is all automatic.

>Has anyone experienced this before?  If so, is there a solution?

I still don't understand the problem.