Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 23:26:58 -0500
        Earlier tonight, Lydia Fish wrote:

>My listserv informs me when certain people set mail or nomail--I have no idea
>why it selects these particular people and ignores everybody else.  Does anyone
>know anything about this?

        Phil Endacott replied:

>I notice the same BUT when I look close the option change has been
>initiated by some NAD and not by the subscriber.  Listserv notifies
>me WHO (the NAD) initiated the change.

        I occasionally also receive notification when a subscriber has
changed her/his own options.  The notification occurs when someone who has
subscribed under a Bitnet address writes from the equivalent Internet
address to change the options (or vice versa--writes from Bitnet to change
options on an Internet subscription).  Sometimes, the person is told
there's no record of a subscription, but sometimes (if the Internet address
is registered somewhere as the equivalent of the Bitnet address?), Listserv
will change the options and generate a notification that, say, SMITH@CUNYVM
has set nomail for [log in to unmask]

        Joan Korenman, WMST-L Listowner   KORENMAN@UMBC
        Univ. of MD. Baltimore County     [log in to unmask]
        Baltimore, Maryland 21228-5398