Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:46:15 -0500
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Ben Parker wrote:
> GET it from  peach.ease.lsoft.com

I did, Ben, as I said.

Now, why does LISTDB.MEMO not define NEAR ?  That is what I want, a
definition of NEAR, as the search program uses it.

Next, the "keyword index." Clearly it is not the same for all lists,
not even the comparative symbols work for all lists running on 1.8d
( 'xxxx is not a keyword for list XYZ').  What is the "keyword list,"
where is it, and can I change it as listowner?  If I can change it, how?

I've been searching LISTSERV lists for over eight years, almost always
totally successfuly, on VM and UNIX.  I don't need a search tutorial, I
need some definitions, and, even if I did need a search tutorial, I
thought that is what LISTDB.MEMO was supposed to be.

Just define NEAR and we can talk about the "keyword index" later.  For
example, does it mean ADJACENT TO?  If that is what it means why don't
you say so?  If that is not what it means, what *does* it mean and why
don't you say that, explicitly, in the LISTDB.MEMO?

There are people at L-Soft who can answer my questions, aren't there?

Douglas