Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:57:54 -0800
Lawrence B. York wrote:

> On 19 Mar 97 at 4:56, Edward W. Hammitt wrote:
>
> > Have I set the option right in the header? What do I need to do?
> >
> > * Set Reply-To= Sender.
> > * Digest= Yes,Same,Daily
>
>    Digest is set correctly, but you have a mistake just above it.  It
> should read (assuming you wish to leave it as Sender):
>
>       * Reply-To= Sender
>
>    I might suggest changing this to Reply-To= Both,Ignore.  Make sure
> you read up on all the variances here in the List Owners manual.

Why change it to both ? Each user will be bothered by 2 copies of
the replies... Seems like a waste of bandwith to me ...

Wouldn't Sender,Respect be more like Edward intented. I.E. if a
user places a reply-to keep it (I do that when I post for another
person so that private replies goes directly to that person) and
keep the Sender if no reply-to= is supplied by the user.

I'd like to know the advantage that Both,Ignore gives while keeping
users from directing replies to a different address and generating
ane extraneous copy of the message ...
--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L