Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 19:21:48 +0200
On Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:26:25 EST Perrine Crampton
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>NOW (7/26/95  3:53 PM), when I try to add the same password as
>before, I get:
>
>Internal error, PW ADD command cancelled.

What is  the host  name of  the machine? This  is not  a message  the VMS
version can generate. It sounds like  one of the error messages that used
to be  in the LSV$PW  EXEC on  VM, or then  maybe a message  from version
1.7f, again on VM. If this is  TAMVM1, it makes sense. This was the first
site that installed LISTSERV (other than  the place where I was working).
Exits are  never updated since the  customer is free to  modify them, and
updating them would undo this work. So they could have a very old version
of the exit which fails when the requestor doesn't have a BITNET address.

>WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??!! =:-O  I thought that once I'd
>established the password, I would have to continue using the same
>password; NOT create a new one EACH time I go through the process
>of storing a new/updated file to the server.

That's correct, but evidently something is wrong.