Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:58:24 -0400
A subscriber may leave the list at any time, no intervention by owner,
regardless of how they got on the list or how any list options are set.

Within LISTSERV(r), you can't force people to stay on a list. Well,
there are ways, but the site administrator must make special effort to
write list exit modules.

The owner should be receiving notification when an unsubscribe has been
processed, but might not, depending on how the NOTIFY= list header
keyword is specified.