Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:16:12 -0700
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:48:52 -0500, Lanny Pierce <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am beginning to think
>this "problem" is somehow connected with AOL, but I don't have enough
>knowledge to make a definitive analysis.

AOL does not permit a 'Name' to be added to the email address.  This is a
security policy on their part.  So outgoing mail from AOL will always say only
[log in to unmask]  (or whatever the address is) and cannot say
"Fred Jones" <[log in to unmask]>.

Depending on how you have your list configured this may or may not be a problem
for signups.  But, just like the the taglines you get on Juno and other free
email services, this is an aol system policy and not under the user's control so
you cannot force your users to add a name to their address.  They can't do it if
they tried.