Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 00:02:25 EST
(This is being crossposted to both LSTOWN-L and LSTSRV-L; apologies
if you receive two copies.)

I've made only minor changes that primarily impact lists on the EASE
Home service (three new functions that are only available with the
ISP license), but I've also updated <all> of the wordprocessor and
Postscript versions so that they agree.  This goes also for the ASCII
version and the HTML version.  In the HTML version, Chapters 1-11
are now one large file, which should make it easier to search the
manual online.  The appendices are still separate.

I've also been lucky enough to run into a friend who has the Adobe
Acrobat Distiller program, so there is a new way to read the manual:
it's available in Adobe .PDF (Portable Document Format).

I've also noted the size of each file in actual bytes on the web
page, so you know what you're getting into when you decide to download.

I am now working on the administrator's manual, which is still
targeted for an initial release at the end of March.  I'll be glad
to entertain <specific> suggestions as to subjects LISTSERV
maintainers might want covered at [log in to unmask]  Please do
not send these suggestions back to LSTOWN-L.

There will be no further revisions of the List Owner's Manual until
after I complete my other work, but we'll still be happy to accept
comments and suggestions, again at [log in to unmask], please.  And
yes, I am planning to index the manual, so please, I don't need
any more prodding on that one. :)

Nathan