George Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:21:36 -0600
On Sat, 22 Mar 1997 14:30:17 -0600, George Blake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I would like a message to go out to the list and to the new subscriber
when
>someone subscribes, giving their name and email address and the time they
>subscribed and a short message from me.
>Is there a way to do this?

Ben Parker wrote:
You would have to modify the ADD1 or ADD2 message template (ADD1 is for
Subscription=By_Owner and ADD2 is for Subscription= open, confirm).  These
templates are in the DEFAULT.MAILTPL file.  Instructions for getting,
maodifying, and PUTing the modified listname.MAILTPL file back to LISTSERV
are in Sec 9 of the Owners Manual.  Read it fully and carefully!

You would want to add a
.TO &LISTNAME@&MYHOST
to the beginning of each template

You might also change the text of the message template as it is presently
intended for a single recipient.

George Blake [log in to unmask] Wrote:

Wow, this works great. The message is going to everyone on the list just
fine.
I do have a small problem though. The following is in the TO field when
everyone
gets the message so if they just hit reply the message goes to the list but
also
the the listserv. The message itself works great. How do I get rid of
listserv return address.

Below is what the messages going to the list look like with the header.

Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:26:50 -0400
              "L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8c)"