"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 20:32:56 -0500
As for Sprint being unwilling to censor *content* of messages, just
exactly what would we expect them to do? The message you cite does
not pertain to Sprint as ISP but as network provider that makes it
possible for ISPs to connect.  Sprint serves a function equivalent
to the US mail service or Federal Express; neither can be held legally
responsible for the content of people's letters!  The *sender* is
accountable, as well as (in thecase of e-mail) conceivably the
sender's provider.  Looks to me that Sprint is simply trying to make
sure that no one can sue them on the basis of material that travels
through their portion of the net.

Peace, Ingrid
[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]