Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:26:49 GMT
]   5. FYI/on "corrupt list owners", etc. (5)

The problem is not the contents of common sigfiles.

The  issue, here, is that various .com sources start using sig files
for announcements to PUMP IN their  PR "n" times/year ONCE they have
been warned NOT TO abuse of the forum: This implies, in my  view,  a
clear  abuse  of  the  unwritten  law  that  "sig  files may include
whatever".

In  FISH-ECOLOGY, several senior scientists have complained for this
and I'll make sure they'll not leave because of some lousy companies
which do not care a damned thing about scientific work.

Finally, I find, in general,  AMERICAN  listowners to be too liberal
to abusers of such a kind.  Those .com sources are the ones  who'll,
in  the  future,  make the academic world PAY for their megalomaniac
network abuses.

Those who commented my poster  objected  to "netiquette" but did not
read, in the text, the threat to academic list owners.  PERHAPS,  it
is high time to have a forum for european list managers.

    Aldo-Pier Solari/FISH-ECOLOGY.