Fri, 23 Feb 1996 23:47:47 -0600
> Is SET REVIEW 1.8b specific?  Do I have any options in 1.8a for reviewing an
> individual subscriber's posts?

Are you talking about SET listname REVIEW FOR userid@node  ?  Hmm, I recall
that nopost and send=editor,hold showed up in 1.8b, but I don't  remember
about review (if I use 'em, I don't remember as I get used to them, don't
use 'em I'm more likely to remember).  However, if you're using 1.8a it
probably won't hurt to try, you'll just get an error message.

If it doesn't work, you could put the person's address in your Filter= ,
they'll still get mail from the list but can't post.  I assume your list
isn't fully moderated.

Here's something a bit devious I thought of long ago but never tried.
Change the person's subscription address so he'll still get his mail
(lots of ways to do that). When he tries to post his address is
different, so it has to be approved.  Of course, this will only work
if you have send=editor  editor=editor@node,(listname) .  It is not
something I advise you to do, just something I thought of a couple of
years ago.  I've never tried it and do not recommend it.  And, of course,
a half savvy subscriber could easily figure out what was going on and
get around it by resubscribing.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L