Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:47:59 -0400
I can't remember if this has come up recently, but... All-request has
turned out to be a problem for us, and I fear it will become a BIG
problem. It is extremely useful, but since anyone can send to it, well...
I just posted to our owners of 900 lists, and many did a "reply all" and
sent their reply to all the owners and people replied to the reply ad
nauseum. Further, the word seems to be spreading that it is a good way to
get one's information out.

Unfortunately, on NT, we can't disable it. Any suggestions? Am I missing
something?

BTW, a useful option would be if there were a feature to
 -look up owners
 -send to owners, but tell them which lists they own (they forget :-))

 -- [log in to unmask] Listserv Manager At Syracuse University --