Sat, 3 Oct 1998 03:37:55 +0200
> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:50:36 -0230
> From: W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
>
> One of my subscribers (the the list ENGLISC) is complaining that he
> can't distinguish ENGLISC list mail from any other mail.  He claims that
> majordomo can be set to include the list name in the "Subject:" line.
> ENGLISC is distributed by [log in to unmask], and so I am
> wondering whether LISTSERV has such a feature.  I can't find anything
> in the documentation, and would concluded that what he thinks majordomo
> is doing is actually being done by his mail reader (Eudora).  I pointed
> out to him that the full list name occurs a number of times in the
> headers, and particularly in the "Sender: " header, and this information
> could be used to filter mail from ENGLISC in such a way that it does not
> appear in his main mailbox.

If you have version 1.8c or above, he can set the list preferences to
SUBJECTHDR by sending a message to the listserv address with:
SET list_name SUBJECTHDR

as the body of the message.

After setting this, all messages from the mailing list should have the
list name in the subject.

You can set this option to be the default for all news subscribers.

Uzi