Louise Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 20:02:10 +0200
Greetings L-Soft Listowners & Maintainers!  I have a question which I have
searched the manual for without success.  We have asked that our members
provide geographic information within the forty character limit for the
name field in our subscriber's list because we are a garden list and feel
that this is necessary to the discussions of the list.  Sometimes Listserv
plucks this information from our subscribers list and puts it in the
"from:" portion of the header and other times it does not.  I cannot seem
to discern any pattern to this.  For example, it used to put my own info in
there and now it no longer does, but continues to use it for my
co-listowner.  Does this depend upon the member's mail client or is there
some way to get listserv to always include this information in the "from:"
portion of the header as it appears in our list of subscribers?

Also, does anyone know if there are plans to be able to have a nicer member
list?  We had hoped for one with the upgrade!  Forty characters is tough to
squeeze one's name, affiliation and geographic location into:-)  I sure
wish that this was "friendlier"!

Thanks for the help, Louise

Alpine-L, the Electronic Rock Garden Society
Louise Parsons & Harry Dewey, active listowners
Eric Gouda, Alexej (Sasha) Borkovec, quiet listowners
Please, write to active listowners at the above address
To join Alpine-L, send the message INFO to the above address
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/