Carlton Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:35:14 -0500
On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> 1. Let it die of its own inaneness in its own good time, or
>
>        The problem with this approach is that by the time the inane
>        thread does die, your more focussed, serious subscribers have
>        become so sick of it that some have unsubscribed.  Do you want
>        your subscribers to have negative feelings about reading your
>        list rather than feelings of enthusiasm?

Let's see -- what that famous quote "inane is in the eye of the beholder."  I
doubt serious subscribers would signoff simply because of a inane thread.  Now
if there was nothing else going on -- well then thats another story.

Isn't the delete key wonderful.  A thread gets going that YOU don't care for and
zap, gone.  However as Peter suggested, I've zapped for days, decided to see
what was going on as the thread continued and to my surprise, had to go get the
logs because it got interesting all of a sudden and no one changed the subject
to let me know.

I guess this means we really are OWNERS.  Get to decide all sorts of stuff.

Carlton

NEW-SC-LISTS  Announcement list for the Sierra Club