Debra Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 May 2002 17:47:19 -0500
On 5/15/2002, on [log in to unmask], Wayne T. Smith wrote:
 >>I'm sorry if this is rude and arrogant, but plain text e-mail is like a
 >>black and white television signal ... you can send it, but people are going
 >>to pay more attention a color television signal.   Sending a plain text
 >>version with the enhanced text is an acknowledgment that it may be read by
 >>out-of-date technology.

I choose to set my very versatile email program to send and receive
text only because I don't like getting html messages that send
information to websites as they download graphics and such onto my
computer as soon as I open the message.  Messages like that are
generally spam and I don't like letting spammers know that I have
received or read their message or give them -any- information about me
or my computer. I don't like having elaborate graphics and images
showing up on my screen unannounced, especially if they are offensive
to me. And believe me, considering the lengths some spammer go to, I
have considerably reduced my level of outrage at such stuff by
adhering to a text-only email standard.

So you can believe that I am behind the times and I'll just consider
myself prudent.

-Debra
|Debra Douglass          [log in to unmask]     http://www.catrio.org|