Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:54:31 +1100

> One of my users has the accompanying message text stripped out of her
> message when sending and attachment to the list, so the only
> thing that arrives in the message is the attached file. She is using
> Outlook Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0). Anyone else experience this
phenomena?
> Could it be the  Language= NOHTML ?

I'm on Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) and in testing it seemed to report
MIME boundaries just fine so that anything could properly display both the
plain text and HTML.  I also tried using Word as the editor and that, too,
worked OK.  I remember a thread in either this list or LSTSRV-L about a
similar problem but I can't recall if Outlook was the culprit.

You could also try putting Language=Exchange in the header.  If your user is
on an Exchange gateway then it might be formatting the Outlook mail as an
"application/ms-tnef" attachment.  LISTSERV strips these attachments by
default so that could be where your missing text is going.  Check Appendix B
of the manual and look in the 'Other Keywords' section for a full
explanation.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.