David O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 21:55:58 -0400
In a message dated 95-08-23 21:08:38 EDT, [log in to unmask]
(Elliott Parker) writes:

>Are any of your subscribers having trouble with AOL?

For those not already in the know, last week AOL encountered some mail system
problems stemming from a sendmail bug. Over the weekend, a new (and
apparently unrelated) problem cropped up which affected some people on
mailing lists (particularly, ones with typically large articles)

I hadn't posted anything up until yesterday primarily because I am still
buried with last week's mail, and because we only just discovered the breadth
and depth of the problem.

However, this evening I received mail from our mail admins indicating that
they believe the problem has been fixed; this is at least partially
corroborated by reports from a user who has begun receiving mail from a list
to which he subscribed two days ago.

If you receive any reports of mail related problems from AOL members, please
have them write to me directly, including when the problems started and what
lists they are on, and I will do my best to have them helped.

- --
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager
   Tel. +1 703/448-8700 x3725 - FAX  +1 703/883-1514
   Belief-L, GLB-News -Press -Discuss, SoftRevu List Owner/Editor
   http://www.cais.com/atropos/ ---- "The spam stops here."