Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 12:23:00 -0500
On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Fred Atkinson wrote:

>         Someone told me that I could send a 'stats <yourlist>' to ...
> get statistics of the postings of individual users.
> ...    I got a message back saying that it wasn't
> 'ported' to my listerver as yet.
>
>         Does this mean the version of 'listserv' on the 'home.ease.lsoft.com'
> server is not the most current?  If not, what does it mean?

The STATS command works only on the IBM VM operating system, the system
for which LISTSERV(tm) was originally written.  It is one of several
commands and features which have not YET been ported to Unix, VMS, and
other versions of LISTSERV(tm).  It is being worked on.

As home.ease.lsoft.com is running under WindowsNT, it does not yet have the
STATS command.  However, it is generally the most current public version of
LISTSERV(tm) running because it is also a development testbed for new
features.  In fact, several features of the soon to be released Ver 1.8C of
LISTSERV(tm) are already running on home.ease on a "gamma" test basis.
Users of the home.ease lists are on the 'cutting edge' LISTSERV(tm)
development.  ;)

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]
  Owner DPRV-L