Alan Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 10:34:28 -0500
Douglas Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>This gentleman seems to be trying to subscribe to quite a smorgasbord
>of lists.  Perhaps he is trying to set things up, legitimately, for
>local redistribution of lists.  Haven't yet been able to get anything
>from him nor about him.

I sent back instructions for correctly signing on UUS-L, in case s/he
really wanted to.  Along with the explanation that if one subscribed
to this many lists, one's mailbox was likely to fill up every 5 minutes
and get one into lots of trouble with one's system manager and the
adminstrators of all the lists who had to handle bounces.  I suggested
that signing on to more than 5 lists at once was folly, considering
the traffic on some of them.

* -Alan Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>