"Marilyn H. Fetterman" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 07:34:45 EDT
Can someone explain how someone can be subscribed to lists via a 'mail
bomb?'

A few days ago someone posted the following message to the list:

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS MAILING LIST. I WAS SUBSCRIBED AS PART OF A MAIL
BOMB AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET OFF IT.

I wrote to the person and he said a mail bomb had subscribed him to a lot
of lists.  Then he said the same person who did the mail bomb
unsubscribed him.

I having been trying to get complete information from him but its like
pulling teeth out of a worm, probably because he can not explain things
himself.

He said he did not think he was the only person added to my list via a
'mail bomb' because my list [AFRICA-L] had been added to the list of
another mail bomb.

Has anyone had his/her list obtain subscribers via a 'mail bomb' or
know how it is possible to subscribe people this way?  I really do
not get it.

Checking my subscriber list, the number of subscribers had been
stable--no major changes in the number of people.  Only this one
guy posted (**five** times) his request to be removed because of
the 'mail bomb.'  His node is in the UK [in case this is of help
to anyone].

Marilyn, list owner AFRICA-L