Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:10:29 EDT
As these legal questions have been debated to death on LSTOWN-L over
the past eight years, it would be appreciated if people would search
the archives for relevant previous postings with regard to same before
starting new "legal" threads on this list.  That being said, the
bottom line is that you should NOT depend on this list or any of its
contributors for legal advice with regard to how your list is run at your
institution.  It is ALWAYS preferable to consult the appropriate legal
counsel for your institution in such matters.  All people here can do is
say "well, I'm not a (or "your") lawyer, but it seems to me...", which
won't do you much good in a court of law.  Ask for legal advice from
those whom your institution keeps on retainer to give that advice.

Nathan