Barry Deutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 22:20:47 -0700
Here's the scenario:

I would like to have subscribers see the listname of
[log in to unmask] instead of [log in to unmask] on
all their communications with the list. I have set the list up with
"sender=" and "reply-to" to [log in to unmask] Reply to includes the
additional option of "Respect". I have also set up subscribe and signoff
e-mail aliases of [log in to unmask] and

I haven't done it yet, but I guess I could also redirect through aliases the
options and requests subscribers might wish to initiate through the
listserv, such as changing their mail option to digest.

My real question is: If I wish to have the listname be
Career-Mgmt@Career-Doctor instead of [log in to unmask] in the
standard template of files that get sent back to a subscriber for
subscription verification, welcoming subscription, deletion, etc., -- do I
need to enter the command of "list-ID=" or "list-address=" on the header of
the list.

As a related question, did I notice a comment on this list about the ability
to insert a listname header into the beginning of every subject line, so
that when people are reading their mail, they can see that a specific piece
of mail came from Career-Mgmt vs. joe shmoe.

Barry