"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 10:36:28 -0500
I read the comments about redistribution. I have never been concerned
about this as I have long been aware that my list is widely
redistributed through the postmaster sites. In some cases, it means
that it is reposted on networks as broad as FidoNet or across a whole
country through the national network center where this exists. I do
not understand the problem as we exchange scientific knowledge and I
have never seen any particular abuse of information which was posted
nor in its redistribution. I understand that Aldo instructed his list
member to cease and desist which of course should have happened right
away, but I think that many people send us messages hoping that they
will be broadly redistributed. If I had my choice I would have five
hundred redistribution centers on my list, they do not usually flame
nor spam and you can maintain a very high level of continuous
information to a huge number of people with very little difficulty. Is
there something wrong with the expanded information distribution? -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]