Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:41:23 -0700
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:02:08 -0500, "Weber, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'd prefer to have a more
>generic address appear in this location, maybe something like
>[log in to unmask] (There may be a generic address already set-up in
>Listserv that can do this same thing -- I'm not sure.)
>
>Once I set this up in the list header, how do I have this new address
>forward the messages from [log in to unmask] to my real address? Can this
>be done even?
>
>If there is a better way to accomplish this, suggestions are welcome.

You need to have a POP mail account in the "generic" name you choose.  This is
up to your service provider, unless you are lucky enough to run your own
mailserver and can create your own POP accounts.  Forwarding is a function of
the mail server.

Then you need a second mail program configured as this "user" to retreive and
send mail or you need a mail program like Eudora with its "personality" feature
that allows one program to handle multiple mail accounts, addresses, user
identities, etc.