Herman Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 14:07:04 -0400
Is there any easy way to change a user's address for all of his local
subscriptions?  That is, I might want to change "[log in to unmask]" to
"[log in to unmask]" for all his local list subscriptions.

I have a somewhat kludgy EXEC to do this on our VM LISTSERV.  It seaches
all of the LIST files on the LISTSERV disk for the old address, then sends
DEL and ADD commands to LISTSERV.  Unfortunately, my EXEC won't run on our
new NT LISTSERV.  I can use "Q * FOR [log in to unmask]" to get info about
all his subscriptions.  Does someone have something to parse that output,
perhaps a Perl script?

We have a lot of people moving from one platform to another, and most of
their list subscriptions are local, so this would help some.  Of course,
they still have to change their off-campus list subscriptions by hand.

Thanks.

*                                       Herman Collins
*
* 128 McVey Hall                        [log in to unmask]
* University of Kentucky                Voice: 606-257-2256
* Lexington, Ky.  40506-0045            Fax: 606-323-1978

* "I'll only say what I have to, if that ..."  Chilli Palmer