Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jul 1992 18:23:19 +0200
I am posting this because I know that many of you wrote EXEC/DCL programs
to do various things to LIST files.

In 1.7d, the LIST files on LISTSERV's A-disk will no longer be sorted and
may contain blank lines, which should  be ignored. These blank lines will
never be present in the files returned by the GET and REVIEW commands, so
you  are not  affected  by  them unless  you  link  to LISTSERV's  A-disk
directly. The output of the GET  command will no longer be sorted either,
and  there will  be only  one blank  between the  e-mail address  and the
user's name. REVIEW with the default options is mostly unchanged and will
continue to generate  a list sorted by by hostname,  then username. A new
option will  let you sort  differently (by  name, country, etc),  and the
COUNTRY option will sort by  country name and cause interspersed comments
to appear in the list of subscribers (with the name of the country).

COUNTRY FILE on LISTSERV's A-disk will also change, drop me a note if you
have applications that  use this file and I will  describe the changes (I
doubt anyone  uses it,  in which  case I  might as  well save  myself the
typing).

  Eric