Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:12:38 -0500
Hi. I currently own a few lists, one of which is pretty large at 800
subscribers. The errors are currently dealt with via a separate list called
Lactnet-Error..and this deals out the errors to me once a day. Sometimes
there are 1500-3000 lines of errors per day..a lot for me....the problem is,
and that is driving me nuts, is the fact that the errors are not just
headers of errors...but in fact the entire digest is included. One thing
that would help me  out  would be a facility  in LISTSERV to summarize the
"temporary" error messages -- all  the system does now  is to summarize the
"permanent" errors, which are a minority of what I get. I am ***tired*** to
death of having to scan through error digest after error digest from the
main list, only to try and spot the offending address and nuke them off my
list of subscribers. Is there a way that the error messages could be
truncated so that every digest from the list could be deleted? Does anyone
else have a problem with this?

Is there a way that this could be dealt with better than what I am doing
now? ThaNks...for all input.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLLeader
Co-Owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance
and consciencious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.