Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:24:30 -0400
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 02:19:51 -0400, Daniel Dewey wrote:
>Is anyone having trouble with digests getting truncated?  ...the problem
>is obviosly not at my end... and the computer department at TAMU says
>that the problem is not with their system.

Are the digests always cut off at the same number of lines or bytes?  That
would indicate that a mail gateway somewhere still has a size limit (those
things *usually* were 100K, but there may be one misconfigured somewhere to
a smaller size) and finding it probably will require tracerouting from the
user's end to whichever LISTSERV is actually distributing the digest to
TAMU (my memory suggests that TAMU has a backbone LISTSERV).

Is the user using mail software that "leaves long messages on the server"
and only downloads a fixed (less than whatever is defined internally as
"long"--Eudora for example has that as an optional setting)?

/s Murph Sewall                                 (860) 486-2489 voice
   Marketing Department                         (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html