Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:37:29 -0300
I stand corrected.  Of course.  But . . .

> That's a big leap of assumptions. There are many things that
> can be done with an archive of all logfiles if they're on
> one's system, available to special processing, that can not be
> accomplished with the native LISTSERV SEARCH commands.

My guess is that that if someone were intending to do something
sophisticated she'd probably not be asking that question.  When
I've had subscribers want to download archives, it's invariably
been because they thought that's what they had to do to search
them.

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/