Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:09:19 +0000
At 10:14 AM 1/28/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I think a four-line ad so someone can get email for free is great, and I've
>seen .sigs (including my traditional one) that are longer.

Good for you, Philo.

I am grumpy after watching the Creep's speech last night, so I shall
indulge myself and say this:

There is a generation that came of age in the 60's that just cannot abide
business and profit. So any kind of advertising message, even though it
causes them no inconvenience whatsoever, is intolerable. Very often this
attitude is evinced by academics who eschew profit but are quite happy to
take money as long as it is tax money taken from the people.

If we are concerned about bandwidth and want to filter something, let's
find a way to filter out the copious repetition of the messages being
replied to for those who are incapable of doing it themselves.

Duane Campbell  [log in to unmask]
http://www.epix.net/~dcamp/