Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Sep 1993 00:22:51 +0200
It is easy for people who  know to complain that instructions are useless
and redundant. Personally, I find  the instructions in the administrative
LISTSERV messages totally redundant, and actually the messages themselves
are mostly useless and a waste of  my time, since they come as a separate
message. All I would ever need is:

> set xyz-l glurp
OK

This being said,  you can remove the instructions by  creating a listname
INDEX-H file with just a blank  line or equivalent. Of course, people who
have never used an index will then have to guess how to create a suitable
database  job to  order  the items  they  want. But  then  it's not  very
difficult, all you have to do is send an INFO DATABASE command, extract a
sample job, fill in a few keywords and send it off :-)

  Eric