Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 09:20:21 -0500
On Wed, 30 Mar 1994, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:

> Why would concealed subscribers need the "rules"?  If they post,
> they're no longer "concealed", and thus they could be in the Public
> REVIEW.  If they don't post, then the "rules" are superfluous since
> the "rules" generally apply to Posters, of which they are not.

Just because someone is currently concealed is no guarantee that they
won't later become incensed at something they've read and decide to begin
a public flame (which is something I might have a rule about).  Therefore even
concealed subscribers should be sent the rules since they may be potential
posters.  ("Rule?  I was never told about a rule!")

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]