John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:39:59 -0400
> I haven't been able to receive command responses from either
> [log in to unmask], were my list is hosted, or from
> [log in to unmask], since Monday.  I have four e-mail
> addresses. Two receive responses, and two do not.  Posts are received
> normally at all addresses, and the editor function continues to send to
> one the addresses not receiving command responses.

If the two addresses that are not receiving replies to commands have the same
host and the other 2 that do receive replies to commands have the same host;
Then I suspect that the first host has instituted a weak anti-spam feature to reject
mail with MAIL FROM:<> blank

Listserv sends responces to commands with the MAIL FROM: <> (blank)
for several reasons and List mail is not sent that way. This of course *IS* in
compliance with the RFCs and rejecting them is *NOT*.

John