Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 10:58:17 -0500
On Wed, 5 May 1999, Cindy,Heavilin wrote:
>There are several options that only a list owner can set: editor, norenew,
>review and nopost.  If these options are only controlled by the owner, why
>should they show up when a query is sent by the list member?

If these options affect the subscriber (which they do) why should they
*not* show up when a query is sent by the list member?

I think any technical change to Listserv, if such ever happens, is
going to have to take into account the different philosophies of list
ownership expressed here.  I personally *want* my subscribers to be
able to see the values of the listowner-controlled options, if they
have taken the intitiative to do the query.

Dennis