Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:18:18 PST
On Fri, 24 Mar 1995 20:59:36 +0500 "Kathryn A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I received this error in the mail today (the second of such errors), and for
>the life of me I can not figure out what is wrong.  I do not see where
>LISTSERV sees a "Sender:", "From:" or "Reply-To:" field pointing to the list
>in the body of the mail.  Most of my subscribers are set to Dual Header
>(including this one) and as far as I can tell the "---Info from the mail
>header---" is the only "Sender:" I see.

The problem is not that LISTSERV generates "dual-headers" on outgoing mail,
but that a message, composed by a subscriber, was contributed
to the mailing-list, and was filtered by LISTSERV, due to the
user-generated contents of the message.  That's *ONE* possibility.

However, if the subscriber claims to have *NOT* inserted those headers,
then you've got a quite-different problem, i.e., LISTSERV has received Toni's
contribution, inserted the dual-header information, and has distributed
the message.  Then, one recipient (I don't see any clues as to which one)
has "bounced" the message back to the mailing-list, **WITHOUT** inserting
any identifiable tags.  Then, LISTSERV has filtered the message.

The 'bounce' command in the ELM package can be used to do this,
and one mailer package used on IBM MVS mainframes does this,
whenever a subscriber-ID on that host becomes invalid.

I think that you need to identify all the "dual-header" subscribers,
and try to guess which one of them is the "guilty" party,
possibly by sending a brute-force "test" E-mail message to each of them,
and tracking who replies and who doesn't.

Good luck.  You may need it.  Since 'EXOTIC-L' is "REVIEW=OWNER",
I can't look at the subscriber-list, to offer any more help.