Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:57:33 -0500
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to discourage and detect banned
> ex-list members from returning with a fake identity? I have already set
> subscription=  By owner,confirm but there is no easy way to detect a determined
> troublemaker from what I can tell. Does anyone have any experience with the
> legal aspects of this problem?

1. Make sure the adminsitrators of your host site know what is going on
   and will back you up, then check to be sure their legal counsel truly
   understands the situation and will back *them* up.

2. Get your own legal counsel, someone knowledgable in the field.

3. Find a good psychiatrist or psychologist; if you have one of the really
   nasty list pests you may need one before it is finished

A really determined pest will track you down, where you work, where your
spouse works, who are your kids and where do they go to school, etc.,
and make your life hell from every angle he can figure out.  Farfetched?
Not at all, just check the older portions of the archives of this list.

Douglas